Sat, Sep 10|
Inauguration of Dhammadharini Baddha Sima & Bhikkhuni Patimokkha Recitation
Join us online or in-person at Dhammadharini Monastery
Time & Location
Sep 10, 2022, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Penngrove, 6791 Sturtevant Dr, Penngrove, CA 94951, USA
About the Event
On the afternoon of Saturday, September 10th, the Bhikkhuni Sangha will formally establish the Sima in the Dhammadharini Monastery Dana Sala, in preparation for the Upasampada to be held on Sunday September 11th. The Bhikkhuni Sangha will then recite the Patimokkha for the Full Moon Uposatha in the newly-established Sima.
You are welcome to join us in-person or online for the Sima establishment!
Visitors will also be welcome to observe the Patimokkha recitation in-person at the Monastery, but it will not be broadcast online.
The full schedule for the Uposatha day:
- 8:00-8:30am: Online Refuges & Precepts program for the Full Moon Uposatha (this is part of our ongoing Vassa Uposatha series - register here)
- 10:00 - 10:30am: Arrival to set up for dana meal
- 10:45am: In-person Refuges & Precepts
- 11:00am: Meal offering to Bhikkhuni Sangha
- 1:30-2:30pm: Afternoon program to establish the Baddha Sima in the Dhammadharini Monastery Dana Sala (in-person and livestream on Zoom and YouTube)
- 3:00pm: Bhikkhuni Patimokkha recitation in the Dana Sala (visitors may observe in person at Dhammadharini Monastery)
- 7:00-9:00pm: Online Evening Meditation and Dhamma Talk program with Ven. Sobhana Theri (this is part of our ongoing Vassa Uposatha series - register here)
Times are shown in Pacific/California time, please check your own time zone here.
Please register below to join us for the meal, the Sima establishment, and the Patimokkha recitation!
This event will be held outdoors, with COVID safety protocols in place, for the protection of vulnerable members of our community.
Image source: Wikimedia Commons