Dhamma Day Online Gathering
Time & Location
About the Event
Dhammadharini will be hosting a day-long event to commemorate Dhamma Day (Asalha Puja), on the full moon of July, Saturday July 24th - the start of Vassa. This day commemorates the Buddha's own going forth and entering monastic life, and his first teaching "Setting the Dhamma Wheel in Motion."
Join us for a day of Dhamma sharing, meditation, and celebration! Please register below.
There are still some spaces available to join us in person for the meal and early-afternoon program! To maintain everyone's COVID safety, the event will be held outdoors, and the number of guests will be limited.
The planned schedule for the day (all times in PDT/California time, please see this Time Zone Converter to find your local time):
This schedule is subject to the law of anicca!
- 5:30am - 6am: Join the monastic community for morning chanting in Pali and English
- 7:45am: Open Zoom social time and welcome
- 8:00am: Introductory guided meditation & Dhamma talk on Cittanupassana (Mindfulness of mind and states of mind)
- 9:00am: Panel discussion and Q&A on Cittanupassana
- 10:10am: Open Zoom time
- 10:30am: Sila program, undertaking and renewing our Refuges & Precepts for entering Vassa
- 10:45am: End of morning program
- 1:00pm: Welcome from monastics and Board of Directors
- 1:30pm: Vassa Aradhana (invitation to enter the Vassa) & Sangha Dana
- 1:50pm: Dhamma sharing - “The Five Great Meanings of Dhamma Day” from the Dhammadharini monastic community
- 2:35pm: Chanting of the Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta (“The Setting in Motion of the Wheel of the Dhamma”)
- 2:50pm: Message from Inspiring Generosity
- 3:00pm: Groundbreaking for the Dana Sala construction project
- 3:30pm: Blessing chanting & closing
- 3:45pm: End of afternoon program
- 5:30pm: Open Zoom “tea time” social time for our whole community together online
- 6:00pm - 8:30pm: "The Meaning of Dhamma Day: Setting into Motion the Wheel of the Dhamma" guided meditation, Dhamma reflection and Q&A with Ven Tathaloka Theri